Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

♪♫♪It takes an army to march a mile, & It takes true love to stand the test of time, & it takes you Babe, to make me smile♫♪♫

Hello there!
Sorry it's been a few days, Ive been a little...preoccupied to say the least.
But today is a good day!!!
Guess what happened?
I finally got to talk to my husband!!
I don't even know how to put into words how good it was to hear his voice again.  It was like a breath of fresh air.
He's doing really good, having a blast shooting guns and throwing grenades.  & he told me today that he became the guide of his company earlier this week! That's a pretty big deal.  I'm so proud of him!
He has one more week left at Camp Pendleton then he goes straight to Camp Johnson in North Carolina for his MOS training.
Were hoping that I will be able to go and see him for a weekend while he's there before I pack up and leave to be with him for good.
Honestly, I'm really nervous about that part.  It's kind of terrifying.  I have also been a home body, never really like being away from my family.  Now I'm married.  I have to move on, and make my own family.
Don't get any ideas, there will be no babies coming out of this body for a very long time.  No babies, nope.
But someday though, it is going to happen.

...So..that part up there ↑..Yeah, I wrote that like 2 days ago..actually on Saturday, but I never posted it..hhmm I wonder about myself sometimes..

Now on to the rest of this.
I just realized that I haven't posted a blog for about a week, and yet I have a mental notepad of things I want to write everyday.  I need to start writing about everyday, I have so much to say!

Today at work my boss Jeff thought I was going to beat this kid up.
Before you get any crazy ideas floating through your heads this is what happened.
This kid, who isn't even a kid, he's like 20ish, asks for water.
I give him a cup for water.
He gets his food and goes to the drinks bar.
He gets Fanta.
I get mad.
I tell him to dump it out or pay for it.
He keeps filling it up completely ignoring me.
I get madder.
I say it again, louder this time.
He still ignores me.
I'm pissed.
I go to the door that the employees come though, which is conveniently located right by where this kid was stealing our pop.
I say it again.
He looks at me, slowly opens the lid, and slowly dumps it out. 
Then I tell him to pay for pop, get water, or throw the cup away.
He scowls at me and throws the cup in the trash.
I feel very accomplished.
Even though I must of looked like a crazy lady screaming at him over pop.
Jeff was very convinced that I was going to take the cup away from him, or beat him up.
That makes me laugh, my boss thinks I'm going to beat somebody up.

Anyways, enough about my job.
Jordan called yesterday while I was at work!!! He's finally getting our marriage paperwork done with the Marines.  Thank goodness because I think I might not have insurance right now..which is really not good! Time seems to be moving a lot faster now though.  I can't wait to be with him again.  I'm not good at waiting, not good at the sitting by the phone praying that he's going to call.  This is hard stuff.
I didn't understand the saying "When you marry a Marine, you marry the Corps" until now and it's kind of starting to suck.  Yes I will get though it and I will handle it.  Do I have to like it no.  Because it's dumb. 
Jordan has missed 6 holidays so far in the 4 months he's been gone.
Christmas
New Years
Valentines Day
Our 6 Year Anniversary
His Birthday
& Easter.
I'm not trying to make it so people will feel sorry for me or anything, I'm just saying this is an example on how the Corps is going to be such and impact on my life.  There is a good chance that when we do have children he won't be there when there born or watch them grow up.  As much as I may hate it, this is what he chose, and I will, and always will stand behind him in whatever he wants to do.  It's just going to be a lot harder then I ever thought it could possibly be. 
I was talking to Colleen (my best friend) tonight, and I was telling her how excited I was that after this week I will be able to talk to him every night.  It feels so good to know that when something happens in the day I can come home and call and he'll be there.  Not his voice mail, it will be him.  It's crazy how much I took things like that for granted. 
I am so proud to be his wife.  I will never want to take that back. Not ever.
Well as much as I know I could keep going, I must go to bed.  I have a dentist appointment at 9:50am tomorrow that I'm really not looking forward too, blah. & as always, thank you so much for reading!!
Toodaloo,
Nicole Lynne
One of my favorite pictures of us, right after my braces came off♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment